EZ on the Earth and Lighting Resources are committed to providing quality commercial recycling services to help our customers and to help us all be better stewards of the environment. To do this we have built — and continue to build — state-of-the-art recycling facilities to handle bulbs, batteries, electronics, and many other types of universal and related waste for our customers.
Through our large-quantity Lighting Resources services supported by a nationwide permitted truck fleet and our EZ on the Earth Recycle Kits, we provide nationwide recycling with localized customer service for customers of all sizes. Our recycling centers strive to use best-in-class processes and equipment. We recycle waste products with the goal of reducing “dumped” materials, reclaiming as many materials as possible, and working toward a goal of zero landfill waste.
What Is Recycling?
re·cy·cle (rēˈsīk(ə)l/) verb — gerund or present participle: recycling
Definition: Convert (waste) into reusable material, return material to a previous stage in cyclic process, use again
Synonyms: reuse, reprocess, reclaim, recover
Recycling is, simply, converting something old into something usable again. Dumping bulbs, batteries, computers, and other items into landfills is bad for the environment and in some cases violates environmental regulations that can result in serious fines.
There are many reasons to recycle … here are just a few:
- Nearly 80% of consumers say they buy green products and services, making companies that recycle more appealing to like-minded consumers.
- Federal, state, and local regulations many require recycling/proper disposal of some materials, and non-compliance can result in hefty fines.
- Proper recycling keeps you in compliance and prepared for inspections.
- Recycling bulbs, ballasts, and some batteries prevents the release of mercury into the environment.
- Virtually all components of a fluorescent bulb can be recycled, and glass can be recycled and remanufactured an infinite number of times and never wear out.
- Making glass from recycled materials cuts related water pollution by 50%.
- Batteries contain toxic and corrosive materials including some with heavy metals (lead, nickel, cadmium, silver, lithium, and others) that need proper disposal.
- Proper recycling keeps heavy metals and other toxic materials out of the environment and allows reclamation of other components for potential reuse.
- Many electronic devices and components contain chemicals and materials that can be hazardous to the environment.
- Throwing away old electronics, PDAs, and computers can leave you susceptible to theft of business and personal information.
Ready to get started recycling?
CONTACT US ONLINE or call (855) EARTH-55 (855-327-8455) for questions about EZ on the Earth Recycle Kits.